Product Return Policy
Last updated: April 24, 2020
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must be also in the original packaging. To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of he approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or Missing Refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale Items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately, sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send us your item to: Thrive Farmers International, 215 Hembree Park Dr #100, Roswell, GA 30076 United States.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed or emailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give later, we will send a refund to the gift fiver and will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: Thrive Farmers International, 215 Hembree Park Dr #100, Roswell, GA 30076 United States.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Last updated: February 17, 2017
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, phone number, postal address ("Personal Information"). You do not have to submit any Personal Information in order to use the Website. However, you may choose to register interest in particular areas, gain access to specific content, follow our social media feeds, attend a hosted event, respond to a survey, or request communications about specific areas. In addition to the Personal Information that you voluntarily provide, Thrive may collect other information from users of the website using the following technologies:
- Log Data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
- Web Beacons or Clear Pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that you select, or tracking the performance of email marketing.
We collect Personal Information for the purpose of providing the Website, identifying and communicating with you, responding to your requests/inquiries, servicing your purchase orders, and improving the Website. Thrive may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To provide our catalog, special offers, and product updates that you may be interested in.
- To help diagnose problems with our Website, and to enhance the Website for optimal user experience.
- To monitor usage and performance of our Website.
- To research aggregate information about users to determine business, marketing, advertising, and sales efforts.
- To provide and deliver the products and services that you select through the Website.
- To ensure compliance with certain terms and conditions and agreements entered into between you and Thrive.
- To contact you to take part in customer satisfaction and feedback surveys.
- To provide you with account notices.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Website.
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads/#568137493302217. Facebook adheres the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation.
Information Sharing & Disclosure
- Affiliates. We may share Personal Information with companies that are under common ownership or control with us.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website, to provide the Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services and/or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used. We may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Website's functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- Compliance With Laws. We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Website.
Access & Choice
Thrive has implemented the following procedure that you may use to access, correct, or delete your Personal Information, or choose how your Personal Information is used:
- If you would like to know the types of Personal Information that Thrive collects from users through its Website, please email or write Thrive at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
- If you would like to know whether Thrive has collected Personal Information about you please send us the activities and services that you participated in on the Website that requested Personal Information. After reviewing the relevant databases, Thrive will confirm whether Thrive has collected such personal information about you and provide a list of your Personal Information that we have on file.
- If your Personal Information is incorrect, you may correct the Personal Information by sending a written request for correction to Thrive at the address below. Your request must include: (1) all of the incorrect Personal Information that you wish to change, (2) the corrected Personal Information, and (3) your signature authorizing such changes. Thrive will then correct the Personal Information in our database and send a written confirmation to you.
- We do not support Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
- We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
Links To Other Sites
Other Contractual Relationships
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Website. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Notice To California Residents
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with Thrive are entitled to ask Thrive for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to Thrive at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”